(EnergyAsia, September 18 2012, Tuesday) — POWER-GEN Asia, the region’s premier conference and exhibition for the power generation, transmission and distribution industries, will open at the IMPACT Exhibition & Conference Centre in Bangkok, Thailand on October 3.
Delegates, exhibitors and participants will have three days of opportunities to make deals as well as discuss issues on the future of Asia’s power industry.
POWER-GEN Asia is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year in Bangkok, where the event has truly become the annual forum for senior executives, industry leaders and senior engineers to discuss a range of important topics, the latest issues and solutions, in order to meet the challenge of the growing demand for electricity in the region.
Apart from thousands of participants and visitors, event organiser PennWell expects around 200 companies to exhibit their latest technologies, products and solutions for the industry.
The conference programme will include over 130 international experts presenting across 8 conference tracks, including topics focusing on strategic and technical power issues and challenges, as well as the growth of the renewable and alternative energy sectors.
The opening keynote session on Wednesday 3rd October features prominent industry and economic figures including Arak Chonlatanon, Thailand’s Energy Minister, Sutat Patmasiriwat, Governor of Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT), and Kenji Uenishi, President of GE Energy (Asia Pacific).
POWER-GEN Asia and Renewable Energy World Asia launches its conference with a big debate, guaranteed to highlight the key challenges facing the power industry in Asia and the significant opportunities that the fast growing economies of the region offer.
Economic growth requires energy as its enabler and the power industry is the provider of this vital lifeblood. Balancing this responsibility with the requirement to protect the environment has put the power industry under the spotlight more than ever before.
The opening panel discussion will be moderated by CNBC Asia Pacific correspondent, Sri Jegarajah, as part of the special coverage thee international news broadcaster is giving to POWER-GEN Asia and Renewable Energy World Asia.
The panel will feature
- Piyasvasti Amranand, Chairman, Energy for Environment Foundation, Thailand (and former Minister of Energy)
- Ka Keung Chan, CEO, Nature Elements Capital, China
- Rae Kwong Chung, Director – Environment and Sustainable Development Division, UN ESCAP, Thailand
- Peter Littlewood, Group Director of Operations and Construction, CLP, Hong Kong
- Arun Sen, CEO, Lanco Power International, Singapore
- Colin Tam, Executive Chairman, Crystal Vision Energy Ltd, Hong Kong
- Willem Van Twembeke, CEO and President, IPR – GDF SUEZ Asia Co Ltd, Thailand
- Wouter van Wersch, Senior Vice President Sales & Marketing Asia Pacific & Country President Singapore, Alstom Power Singapore Pte Ltd.